The ARLIS/NA Mountain West Chapter and The Wild West Chapter of VRA are teaming up to bring you a virtual conference in 2016. We would like to cordially invite you to submit proposals for the Virtual Conference 2016: Innovative Use of Art Resources and Marketing Success Stories.
The proposal deadline is Monday, March 7.
Based on the success of the Mountain West Chapter’s new virtual conference format, we are eager to use the virtual format again. Similar to the last virtual conference, we need a diverse set of presenters. If you have an interesting project that you are currently working on or recently finished, please consider submitting a proposal to present it to your peers. Please note, this call for proposals is open to any; not only members of VRA and ARLIS.
Perhaps you had a proposal turned down for the ARLIS/NA national conference. Here is another opportunity to share it!
Here are the details:
- Presenters will have their talks prerecorded by a member of our chapter and posted to a private site online.
- Conference attendees will be given access to the site and will be able to watch all the presentations at their leisure.
- Each talk will be accompanied by a discussion board for questions and comments.
- Sessions will be recorded in late October and posted in November.
- A live Q&A session will happen in December with all the presenters.
- Each person will have a set amount of time to take and answer questions.
- This session will be moderated by a member of the Mountain West chapter.
- The Q&A Session will be recorded and posted to the site if attendees are unable to watch in real time.
- Proposals should relate to the theme: Innovative Use of Art Resources and Marketing Success Stories.
- Presentations should be limited to 20 minutes.
- Presenter will work to find a time to record their presentation with a designated member of the Mountain West chapter.
- Presenter must be available for a live, virtual Q&A session on December 2.
- Each presenter will be asked to take questions for 10 to 15 minutes.
Click here to submit your proposal online: http://goo.gl/forms/SLbVY4S6oM
Please contact John Burns with any questions.
All the best,
John Burns, MLIS
Reference and Instruction Librarian
Chair, ARLIS/NA Mountatin West Chapter
Dixie State University Library 243
Dixie State University
225 S. University Ave.
Saint George, UT 84770